We moved into a new apartment this weekend, and boy am I in love with it! It is absolute perfection compared to our other apartment.
I am though, very grateful that the move is over. I underestimated how exhausted I would feel with this move. Pregnancy, even this early on, takes such a toll on the body! So I am very happy that it happened while I was 3 months instead of me being further along. :) I can only imagine how much more tiresome it would have been should it have been later.
My energy is starting to pick back up on the other hand, and it feels amazing to kind of feel physically back to normal :), although I wouldn't trade any of these symptoms for the world. It is still so amazing to know that I am carrying life inside of me.
I will post pics of our new place as soon as possible. There are still a lot of boxes left to unpack.
Thanks for tuning in :).
Xo, the Mrs.
We had our first ultrasound appointment Wednesday morning, and I can say that I never imagined how beautiful this experience would be. Hearing the heartbeat and seeing our little one and how far our baby has grown brought tears to mine and my husband's eyes. ♥
Our due date is December 30th, 2012 and tomorrow I will be 9 weeks. I am so blessed by our little guy/girl!
So far this is what I have been feeling/going through:
- Breast tenderness
- Super emotional! (poor Husband).
- Veins beginning to show in my breasts and my tummy.
- Slight darkening of the aureola.
- Food aversions
Weird changes that I have experienced:
- I hate peanut butter for some weird reason. I used to like it but now the thought of it grosses me out and I don't want to even smell it.
- I love mozzarella sticks and was craving them really badly, so husband went out to buy them for me. I opened the bag and just the smell of the breading made me want to through up. I couldn't even eat them.
- If I eat too much tortillas in a short period of time I get really grossed out and then don't want Mexican food for like a week.
Till next time :)
Love you our little one.
Mommy and Daddy. ♥
Posted by Nicole Holguin at 11:40 PM
You got it right! Husband and are are expecting our first little one! And we are so excited. We are estimating that I am 8 weeks along by now, but our first Dr.'s appoint is finally tomorrow! It has been the longest 3 1/2 week wait of our lives!
So far the symptoms are:
- Morning sickness.
- Heightened sense of smell.
- Breast tenderness and growth.
- Did I mention fatigue??
I am already wanting to stay home and constantly clean and just start a lot of baby DIY projects. The constant fatigue and nausea also does not help in the aid of wanting to stay home. It is a lot harder to get up in the mornings, and all I want to do is sleep.
I randomly get emotional, which also makes my job just a little bit harder. Rude members do not seem to help!
We are getting ready to move into a new apartment at the end of the month, and I hope we have enough time and I hope I have enough energy to do it!
I am already thinking off all the great changes that are ahead! Starting with my body. I wonder what baby movement will feel like :) I hope that tomorrow we can hear the heartbeat!
I am just so ready to have my baby! And so paranoid on wanting to know if it is healthy and how far along I am.
Well, time to go enjoy the rest of my first of many Mother's Day :).
The New Momma Bear.
Posted by Nicole Holguin at 5:45 PM
Started off the day with Husband at his work and didn't have to go in until 10:30. Got to work and was surprised to see that my station was covered in birthday decorations, presents, and cupcakes :). Made me feel so loved! I am very blessed by the job that I have!
Husband bought me some cute tan boots for my birthday (they are pictured here and in the blog entry below) along with a lot of my favorite candy, and some cute pens. Mom bought me some super hot heels! they are also in the picture above :) they are Jessica Simpsons, and beyond comfortable!
My friend Cat made me the most amazing cute little gift and card, and my other co-worker bought me a cute notepad with some nice pens. And I spent the evening with Husband, Mother, Brother and Nieces.
Couldn't have asked for a better day :)
I've been reflecting on this year and just realized that so much has happened. So far this month me and husband went to Cloudcroft and played in the snow :). It snowed so much this month and it has been so cold. It was the first time I had ever been there and been sledding in the snow! It was a blast!
We made two cakes this month, one for a friend's baby shower and one for my niece. It felt so good to get back into the kitchen and bake. I missed that outlet of creativity. I was fun to have a birthday party for my niece! It was her 3rd birthday this month, and it is so amazing to see how fast she is growing up! We bought her the cutest little outfit. I miss shopping for them.
Got new closet items this month! And if course that makes my heart happy. Husband has already been spoiling me for my birthday and it isn't until Thursday. I am so very blessed.
Tried some new things this month, and found the most amazing yogurt place at our mall! Frozen yogurt with yummy fresh fruit! Looks like I found my new yummy outlet for a healthy treat :)
I've been getting closer to family this year and I love it. I miss how close I used to be with them.
Me and husband have grown so much together this past month. I have been learning so many things about being a wife and God has been really molding me. He has poured so many dreams in me and I am excited to embrace them all! I don't know how long it will take before I get to all of them but I am determined to get them all done this year in the perfect season that God wants for my life :).
I'm excited to get back into the blogging scene! This will be a short one for today.
Hope you all had a great Monday :)
xo, the mrs.
Hello blog family! How have you all been? I am doing alright. Actually very blessed, and starving to write! It's 2012 and the month is already almost over! Time is already flying by so fast.
I have so much on my mind it is hard to collect all of my thoughts to have a structured blog, so bare with me :)
I have SO many aspirations for this year, that I can't seem to be able to get a jump start on all of them.
My bucket list for 2012 is:
- Finally get serious about getting in shape (really hoping I don't get prego this year so it doesn't interfere with that).
- Take more pictures! How I miss photography. (The goal was this year in pictures but so far it hasn't worked out.)
- Write more. (Including my blog). I really want to hopefully start a novel this year.
- Read more! So far I have 2 books that I am starting with: Fight Like a Girl The Power of Being a Woman by Lisa Bevere, and You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes And Other Great Advice From an Unlikely Preacher's Wife by Lisa McKay. I can't wait to add more to the list :)
- I want to be a better wife. There is so much in being a Pastor's Wife, and the title itself scares me a little bit. So, You Can Still Wear Cute Shoes has been such a great help! Ministry is so rewarding yet so scary at the same time! But I know that God would not call my to a ministry with my husband if He had not fully equip me for it! So that has given me so much strength, and hope!
- I want to make more time for myself. I have come to realize that I let so many things overtake me, and I need to relearn how to love myself and place myself first- and not feel guilty for it.
- I want to travel more :) Our goals next year are to visit Colorado, Ruidoso, and Phoenix! Let the saving begin!
- Speaking of savings, we want to get even better at that this year :) Hopefully we can get a new vehicle and break it in with all those road trips!
- Husband wants a new job, so in Jesus Name he will get his heart's desires :)
All in all, for 2012 I want FREEDOM.
Freedom in my heart and soul, financial freedom, freedom in my marriage and all my relationships, and above all to be FREE in Christ!
More than ever before this year I want to chase after God's heart. I want to know Him more that I have ever known Him.
I want to FULLY trust Him, no matter what comes my way.
This year I just want to be His.
Let this fun journey begin :)