2.10.2013

Goodness

I got to sleep in and spend the morning and afternoon with this little guy all to myself.


Aren't I super blessed? I adore his long lashes. He got those from Daddy, and I prayed that he would the entire 9 months that I was pregnant. God answers even the smallest prayers. 

Speaking of prayers, I want to share how God has answered some of them!

Blessed

This past week we were blessed in ways that we could not imagine. My bestfriend blessed us with $60 for groceries, we were taken grocery shopping by another awesome momma where she spent $100 to get us food, we were given $300, recieved a $50 Wal-Mart gift card and were just informed today that someone randomly blessed us and went and paid our $160 electric bill that would have been shut off if we would not have paid it this month. Not to mention we were also blessed with formula, diapers and I had two sales on Poshmark!

This week has had me at the point of happy tears. Since we were taken grocery shopping, we have decided to use the $360 towards bills. With that we have about $200 to put towards January's past due car payment.   What a blessing!

We were also notified that we are approved for Medicaid as a family, for food stamps, and for cash assistance. That will take away Aiden's weekly copay for his casting appointments, and we have never had such a big budget for groceries ever in the 2 years that we have been married. We literally can stock up every week on groceries! That brought tears to my eyes.

The cash assistance a month is about what I made in a week. It isn't much, but God willing if the amount doesn't change (for the worst) after we have our appointment this Friday it will help us make the car payment  every month. That lifts a big weight off my shoulders!

-
It touches me to see God work in our favor. I don't know how all of our other bills are going to get paid, but it lifts a lot of weight off my shoulders knowing that rent, the car, and food are taken care of.

I am touched beyond measure at how people have reached out to us. It was not expected from me. So many times people have 'promised' me and Gabriel things and never fallen through, or if they did, they would hang it over our head that they helped us and make us feel horrible about being in need.

So you can imagine the tremendous blessing it is for people that really care to reach out to us without us even being able to know who they are. I have never had something done for me at such a level.

-

I will admit that it still crosses my mind how we will get by until Gabriel gets a new job. The assistance from the government helps but it is still barely enough to cover our two basics. But I believe that God is just showing us the tip of the iceberg of His goodness.
And I am grateful on how it has changed my perspective on my attitude towards my wants and my needs. After this I never want to take out another loan or credit card again. It so isn't worth it. 

The next loan I will ever get will be to take out a mortgage, and that's if by then I can't pay for it cash.

It really has taught me a lot about true stewardship.

-

After my last post No Income and Three Mouths To Feed it kind of inspired me to document our journey and show along the way how God brings us out of this situation. It is not a situation that I am proud to be in, but I know that it will be nice to look back and see how God has brought me through, and it will be a chance to touch someone else who may be going through the same thing that I am.

How can someone know my story if I never open my mouth and share it?

So welcome into the most innerparts of our lives. It isn't the glamour that I wish it would be at this point, but I know that God is working behind the scenes to use it for my good and for His glory. 

-
I am excited for what is to come. There really is no where to go but up!

Shoe of The Day

Now for the promised part of my blog. You didn't think I forgot did you?


I got these cute things this past November for one of my bestfriend's wedding. I was her {very prego} bridesmaid and these were my shoes! A $16 score at JC Penny.


Aren't they cute? I love them.

-

Well, thank you so much for tuning in. Feel free to shop my closest here or go up to the right to find the links to follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest.

xo, 

N


No comments:

Post a Comment